Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Pictures

Apparently people have been bothering Jon about posting more pictures. Things have been a little busy, with recovering from major surgery and getting used to motherhood. It has been a huge help to have my mom here and willing to do night duty with James so I can get some sleep and feel that I am healing as a result of enough sleep.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures. First, how many have seen a baby with breach legs? If you look closely at this picture you will notice that his foot is in his hand above his head and the other leg is behind the other arm. It took a while before he would bend at the knees.
He looks like Jon.Like father, like son.I love his face here. He has this look a lot. As if he is saying, "What's going on?"First time in the car seat. He looks so tiny.He has been a little yellow as you can see here. He had his bilirubin levels check pretty much everyday. Good news is they are headed down, so we did get to come home as scheduled. I also love his scrunched face here.

15 comments:

Britney said...

Congratulations Jon and Keriann! He's precious...and very flexible too! :)

Liana said...

so cute! I love the photos, keep taking pictures, they grow & change incredibly fast! I look back at Ethan's photos just a month or so ago and he's changed so much. Give James kisses from his auntie. :)

Jill Lau said...

So cute! I'm glad you are home now and have your mom there to help. He really does like like Jon. How fun to have him here!

Sarah said...

So cute! I've never heard of breach legs before, that is crazy.

William And Kylie Mobley said...

Congratulations! What a cute baby! I hope he brings you a lifetime of joy and not too many sleepy nights!!

dockters said...

Yay for more pictures!! I'm glad to hear that things are going well with Baby James! He does look so much like Jon...how fun!

dean and chelle said...

He's a contortionist!! And he is DEFINITELY Jon's son in looks. They are pretty much identical! Congrats again on your little James! You guys must have been really good this year to get such an early Christmas present!

P.S. I saw German Saints at War for sale in the LDS catalog I got from a church bookstore in Nauvoo and I even said out loud, "Yay! Look! Jon's book is in here. He's going to be famous!" So just to let you know, you're going to be famous. Get ready to start signing autographs.

Myrnie said...

Congrats, you two! He's absolutely adorable :)

Here's to a QUICK healing, Keriann!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. We love the pics. keep them coming if you can. I just want to hold that little one he is so cute. Hope you heal well Keriann and hope mom is enjoying her little grandson. Love mom f

Karen said...

He is so beautiful. And Jon looks soo happy! Congrats again!

Julie Sacks said...

He is the exact replica of John! I hope you are recovering quickly. So very cute, congrats!

Kirsten.Kyle said...

Love the pictures. What a handsome little guy! Glad you're all home and doing well.

Anonymous said...

Ok, we've decided that he has Jon's upper lip and Keriann's bottom lip. Jon's eyes and hairline and Keriann ears... He's a 50/50 baby! And I love the Charlie Brown face!!! He is just adorable! Just keep loving him lots!
Sherlyn

ashley g. said...

So he is too cute. I hope that you are recovering well and that little James is letting you get some rest. Best of luck to all 3 of you! Isn't it amazing how much work newborns can be? I remember being terrified to be alone with my daughter. I begged my husband to take another sick day!

And if people complain, just remind them that the cutest things are definitely worth waiting for. Congrats and enjoy that beautiful little boy! And remember- you'll feel better soon- I promise. Labor/surgery is a beast.

Congratulations!

Lacey said...

Hurray! Congrats! Sorry my felicitations are a little late, but we haven't really had internet since we got over here and we have had to use other people's.
Anyway, I'm so glad he's here and you are okay and happy! I absolutely wish I was there to see you and the cute new baby! What a precious little gift! I can't wait to see more pictures! Babies seem to change so much in the fist couple of months, it will be interesting to see which features Baby James keeps! I love you both! I'm so excited for you!