I had a great Mother's Day! It started a little weird, but soon became great. When I walked into church, the bishop came up to me and said he had a special Mother's Day present for me. I was a little confused. Shouldn't he have a special Mother's Day present for his wife and/or mother? Then he explained that what the ward was giving to the women for Mother's Day had nuts in it, some he had something for me that did not have nuts. Thanks bishop for remembering my allergy to nuts. It is not very often that people consider/remember my food allergies. Then the bishop's son, Zach, gave me the gift with his eyes covered while holding it out. It was really cute and funny.
Jon spoke in sacrament meeting and gave a great talk. James was actually really good too. We did not have to take him out in the hall once! Normally he is whiny and screaming during sacrament meeting. I think it helped that the family next to us had some cars that James played with the entire time. Thanks Lau's for letting James monopolize your toy cars!
Then Jon taught Primary while I brought James to the nursery for his second time. His first time in nursery was a little rough (he was tired). I was expected a similar melt down, but he did better. The second hour I asked the nursery teachers if they would be alright if I left him there and went to Relief Society.
Side note: James is not 18 months until the end of this month so Jon or I thought we would stay with him in there until he is officially old enough. Hopefully he continues to enjoy nursery this much.
Later that evening, Jon and two of our friends made dinner for their wives. It was really good and we had a fun time with friends.
It was a great Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment