We had some tornados move through our area on Saturday Night. James slept through it. I mostly slept through it right next to the window. The Tornado siren woke Jon up and he turned on the TV to see what was going on. He came back to tell me, but I never fully came awake. I do remember the lightning and thunder were pretty incredible. Really bright flashes and big booms. I also heard the second tornado siren that went off. I woke up fully when our windows leaked a little and Jon needed help getting the water soaked up and putting towels in the bottoms of the windows.
Sunday morning, I turned the TV on so James could watch something while I got him dressed. He holds still better if he is a little distracted. The news said that they had 6 tornados touch down (I guess some could have been the same, but I don't know), and we found out later that 7 people died in the storm. It was pretty crazy. I am glad it was not worse.
Here are some You Tube videos (which I got off a friend's blog, thanks, Stephanie) of the destruction. It is pretty crazy. Lake Township (where these pictures are from) is really close toToledo.
Side note: I am going to try and get some pictures of James posted today. They will appear before this post if I get them up.
1 comment:
Yikes!... Glad you are all ok!
Post a Comment