Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jon' White Coat Ceremony

Jon's white coat ceremony was very boring. Worse than a graduation. For about two hours they present scholarships to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years. They told about each scholarship and why they pick who they did. I was glad a 2nd year had recommended I bring a book. It made it go much fast to be in the world of "Harry Potter". After that Jon's class was "cloaked" in their white coats and they had to sign the pledge of ethics. So now Jon has officially started his training to be a doctor.

2 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

What a great trip you've had!

I liked the commentary and pictures of what you saw. Did you see the U.S. or Canadian side of Niagra Falls? Any trouble with passports? I've heard a few stories.

And I think it's very fitting that you've been put into the nursery at church. :) I spend music time in there every Sunday and seriously, every week the number and faces of kids change-- along with the temper of the room, the level of noise, the toys out, and the frazzledness (good word, eh?) or constrasting calmness of the leaders. You've got your work cut out for you. Have fun!

-Miriam

BK said...

CONGRATULATIONS you two! Jon, the white coat looks good on you. :) And you look beautiful as always Keriann.

Thanks for letting me pseudo-ride along with you in your journeys. You have some gorgeous pictures of New York!

I'll have to look for and try the cheese--though they don't seem to have potatoes that make me so excited out here in the east... I'm a brat about such things. ;)

Let me know if you ever want to come to Virginia. All the best--enjoy this new phase!

love always,
Berlin