Sunday, August 26, 2007

Church was great on Sunday. People are so friendly here and welcomed us. They were also fast to get our records here and give us a calling. We are in the nursery. Jon is having a hard time, but I have done it before and I'm actually enjoying it.

Kirtland, Ohio:
Monday, we headed to Kirtland for the day. It was really fun to see most of the same missionaries that Jon and I saw when we were there in May.

Most of these pictures are from our trip in May. I need to develop the pictures from this trip and then I will be able to post then.

John Johnson Farm in Hiram, Ohio:
This is where the mobs dragged Joseph Smith out the front door and tarred and feathered him. The exposure from having the door open, caused the boy adopted twin the die a short time later.


Kirtland Temple:

The gentleman that took us around the temple did a better job then last time. He was a life long member of the RLDS now Community of Christ Church. He had done a lot of research in our church and understood more than more in his church. I could tell he truly believes that Christ appeared in the Kirtland temple. He pretty much bore his testimony, but wasn't supposed to according to his church.

Isaac Morey Farm:

This is where the 4th General Conference of the church was held and high priests were first ordained.
Newel K. Whitney Store:

While we were visiting the other sites, a new missionary was set apart in the School of the Prophets above the Whitney Store. What a neat experience. I guess that is where the stake there sets apart missionaries. He was headed to the other Swiss mission (Jon went to the Zurich mission). Kind of fun.

No comments: