Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How Do You Get Into Heaven?

So I got this forward from my mom (thanks!), and it reminded me of nursery and the years previously that I have been in primary. It made me laugh, so I thought I would share it with everyone, but not by forwarding it.

HOW DO YOU GET INTO HEAVEN?

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to Heaven. I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was, "NO!"

By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun! "Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?" I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO!"

I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?"

A six-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!

No comments: