Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Is It Time For A Change?

Jon and I have been discussing changing Grocery stores. With high gas prices and the gas station, which we normally go to (because it is the lease expensive), changing to their low price being cash only and you have to pay $0.10 more a gallon to pay at the pump, we have been looking into fuel perks. Is is worth it?

We went to Giant Eagle in Perrysburg this week. We really were not impressed. We feel Meijer is better, but I wonder what others think. I thought I would make a Pro and Con List and see what others thought was better.

Giant Eagle:

Pros:

*Fuel Perks

*A Nicer Walmart Almost Next Door

*Ziemer Family Likes It

*Has Michigan and Ohio State Merchandise

*Meijer is On the Way Home

Cons:

-Less Variety

-A Bit of A Drive

-When We Left the Store, We Felt Depressed


Meijer:

Pros:

*More Selection and Variety

*Better Foreign Foods Aisle

*Better Quality

*Closer Drive

*Occasionally has Rachlette Cheese

*Always Excited to Go to Meijer

Cons:

-No Fuel Perks

-Scary Walmart, Farther Away

-Only has Ohio State Merchandise


So what do you think? Jon and I have decided to at least give Giant Eagle one more chance, and use our fuel perks, but I am not convinced the change will be permanent.

5 comments:

brittani c. said...

If you want fuel perks and the amount of stores that are in close proximity, Kroger's is a good pick. I've haven't had too many complaints about them.
Don't know about that Rachlette cheese though...

Kathlen said...

I would try it again for the U of M merchandise! :)

Julie Sacks said...

I say go with Meijer. I love that place! I will miss it so much when we move someday!

Lacey said...

I go to Giant Eagle because they are the closest grocery store, but I don't really think that their fuel perks are worth it. They charge more for their merchandise than some other stores, like the Aldi's I will drive to sometimes if I have a bigger list. You only save up to $2.00 on fuel through Giant Eagle. If you can save that in groceries, it's totally not worth the switch.

The Ziemers said...

I think that anyone who doesn't love Giant Eagle is CRAZY! But, I am VERY loyal to this store. I have never had a bad experience there. The Eagle's Nest is wonderful! Although, you won't be able to take advantage of it. I think the food is as good or better quality than Meijer, though they don't have as big a selection. The customer service is AWESOME! And of course, we LOVE the fuel perks. So, choose what store you will, but know that I do get a little on edge and defensive when people start trash talking my store! :)