Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Girls' Camp

Girls' Camp was a lot of fun this year. I am glad we are going back to camping (tents, cooking, etc.). The Young Women can actually certify and learn the skills that camp was designed to teach them. This year was also a learning year for the leaders, and I have heard changes for next year.
I thought I would recap some of the activities.

On Monday, it was a day to set up and get things ready. The Stake Leaders and the YCL (Youth Camp Leaders) always go up one day early. We also went and picked strawberries just down the road and made freezer jam for pancakes later that week.

Tuesday, the rest of the campers arrived. Tents were put up. Then there were some games in the meadow. This lovely video is two young women "jousting" with water noodles and bouncy balls.



It was really fun to watch!

Wednesday was canoeing. Some got really wet, but not as many as would have if it had not been so cold. We eat "tin-foil calzones." My favorite meal at camp this year. Jon and James came to visit and I ended up going home with them for extended family reasons (despite what some might think).

Thursday was the hike, which I am really bummed that I missed. Then, they went swimming at the Hiram College. I took Jenni Toller up so she could be there for part of camp. She is the Young Women President in our ward and was 8 months pregnant at the time. Jenni and I just stayed a couple hours and came home.

Friday, they packed up and came home. Here is a slide show of the pictures I took.

1 comment:

Kent and Leisy said...

the calzones were also my favorite meal! girls camp was a blast- everybody did a great job with it!