Thursday, July 30, 2009

Toledo Zoo

Yesterday some friends from Michigan came down and we went to the zoo. It was an okay day weather wise at least at the beginning. It got more humid as we walked around. Then the sun came out, and it was getting warmer and humid. We decided we were done, but made a stop at the seals first, because Brett loves the seals.

As we were headed to the parking lot, I noticed some dark clouds, and a welcomed breeze was beginning to blow. Half way through the parking lot, it started to sprinkle. By the time we made it to the car, it was raining. We got the kids in the car. Then the strollers. As we were buckling the kids in, is started to pour. Since I only have one, I was in the car before Kat, but I felt really bad, because she ended up getting soaked. Of course, before we made it back to our apartment, the rain stopped. It was crazy!

I took a few pictures, but could not get James to look at me. There were just so many more exciting things to see. Here is James looking at the elephants, or he was watching Brett, who was looking at the elephants. This is Kat and Brett looking at the elephants. They do not know I took this picture, so I hope it is okay. Rhino. This bird was in the new section of the zoo. It moved really fast, so it was hard to get a picture of, but it was awesome colors. Natures Neighborhood, the new area of the zoo, is really cool. Last picture, James trying to hide under his hat. I had to lift his head up and squat down to get this one. We were at the penguins, but James was more interested in his book.

No comments: