Yesterday, we went to the Bowling Green Ward Conference. I think it went really well. James wanted to crawl around the chapel during sacrament meeting. Jon ended up with him in the Young Women's Room. James discovered the piano, where he did not just bang on it, but pick the notes he wanted to play very carefully. When I walked in to check on them, James was even turning the pages in the Hymn Book to "find a hymn he wanted." Jon said when I left the room he swiped the book on to the floor. I guess he could not find anything he wanted to play. We might have a piano player in the making. We will have to see.
James was a little whiny while President Smith talked to the youth, so I took James for a walk in the hall. We peaked in the nursery. They were having singing time. James thought it looked really fun. I am sure he would have loved it.
Then we went back for Young Women's. James did not last long before he fell asleep. He even let me lay him on the floor. I was able to enjoy the lesson, until he woke up. Then, we were back in the hall. We looked in the nursery again. They were playing with lots of balls. I knew one of the nursery workers, so she said for us to come in and play. James loved it! Then they let me leave him there for the rest of church (which turn out to not be too long). It was a little weird to go back to Young Women's without James, but it was wonderful.
I got back to Young Women's and the lesson was done early, so I was able to be at the meeting with the Bowling Green Young Women's Presidency while James was still in the nursery. It was fabulous! James had a lot of fun too. I hope he continues to enjoy nursery when he is actually old enough to really be there in about 5 weeks!
Later for dinner, we got to finally have our St. Patrick's Day traditional dinner. We had Corned Beef and Cabbage with some of our friends here in Toledo.
It was fun to share this tradition. We also have potatoes and green Kool-aid
with our corned beef and cabbage. Jenni even brought some eclairs with green filling. What a fun green night!


No comments:
Post a Comment