Last Sunday, we went to the Bryan Branch Conference. The Stake doubled the attendance of the little branch. James struggled through sacrament meeting. He was so tired, but would not go to sleep. The combined Young Men/Young Women opening exercises where a little hard for James too. The little room was packed and there was no room for him to roam. When we split, James did much better. He played in one half of the room while the Young Women had a lesson in the other half. James also lost one of his toys in the organ. When I was trying to get the toy out, I found a shoe. A little sandal to be exact. I found out later that sandal had been lost about a year ago. They search everywhere for it, or so they thought. Now they know there is a hiding place behind the petal of the organ. By the way, I never found James's toy. Oh well.
It amazes me that the smaller branches always provide lunch for the Stake Leaders after their branch conference. It is not expected or required, but they always do. Thanks for the wonderful lunch Bryan Branch! It made having another meeting (the third one this month) about the up coming Leadership Training Meeting a little more bearable. Side note: I cannot wait for this Training Meeting to be over!
Yesterday, we went to the Wauseon Branch Conference. James did better. He was still tired during sacrament meeting, but Jon got him to fall asleep during the combined Young Men/Young Women opening exercises. Then he slept through most of the Young Women's lesson. One funny story, one of the speakers had just said what a beautiful morning it was to drive, when it started to rain and hail so hard it could be heard inside the chapel. It was so loud! Everyone was looking around with wide eyes.
When we got home, I realized I had left my Young Women's binder in the Young Women's Room. Good thing the Stake Young Women's President is from Wauseon and I will see her Thursday night, because everything for my calling is in there. It is also a good thing I do not really have anything in there that I need to get ready for Thursday's Training Meeting.


No comments:
Post a Comment