Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Mothers' Day to all those moms out there, especially my mom and Jon's mom.  I read and watched this story earlier this week on the blog for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It touched me, and I wanted to share it with all of you on Mothers' Day.  Being a mother is one of the best and hardest things in the world.  Here is what was written on the blog, followed by a video.

"The traditions of celebrating the role of a mother vary from country to country, but the universal message is we are who we are in large part because of our mothers.


"The Church captures on video one such mother, who, while her individual circumstances are certainly unique, helps to remind us that the message of motherhood is one of optimism, hope and fulfillment.

" 'I'm just grateful that I am here on this earth and I have the opportunity to be a mother and do the things that I love and enjoy," says Stephanie Nielson, a mother of four and survivor of a 2008 plane crash. "I view my role now as more divine.' "

1 comment:

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing!