I cannot believe Christmas is so close. Maybe it is because we just barely got snow that has stuck to the ground. Maybe because I still feel like I am missing two months. Whatever the reason, Christmas is coming, and I am happy and excited as always. I love this time of year!
Jon has been home a lot the last week or so. He is doing a month of research, which for him means that he is working on writing a paper from the research he has been doing the last three years. If you want more specifics you will have to talk to Jon about it. Since Jon has delegated some of the writing of this paper to other members of his team, he has had a lot of time to hang out with James and I. It has been really nice.
Also giving Jon more time at home is the fact that he has cancelled his last 6 interviews. He felt that 12 interviews in Pediatrics was a good number where most other applicants in his area are doing 5-6. We have 4 programs/cities we really like and do not see a need to have more at the top that we need to decided how to rank. Now, the hard part comes with us trying to rank the programs he has seen. We will likely be taking some second looks in January and February.
With Jon home, we have been enjoying going to the gym almost daily. We have watched lots of movies, mostly Christmas movies, but we have also watched all the Harry Potter Movies including the new one in theaters. We really likes the new one, and it was fun being in a theater with only one other couple. We have also be doing some Christmas shopping. It has been hard to decide what to get James this year, but I think we have helped out Santa well, and James will like what he gets.
Not much else going on right now that I can think of. Today, we are planning to stay in the warmth as much as possible. Right now it feels like -2 outside and it is not supposed to get much warmer today. Hope everyone else is able to stay warm today!
1 comment:
Brrr sounds cold there. Are you sure you are really interested in Minneapolis and their 17 inches of snow from this past weekend?:)mom f
Post a Comment