Christmas is in Two days! We have been really busy here. Sorry no pictures today.
Sunday was our ward's Christmas Program. I love to sing Christmas Hymns and was actually looking forward to this day of church. Sadly, for many reasons, James came down with a cold/croup, so I stayed home with him. Later that evening, our home teachers came by and it was fun to get to know them better. they are new to our ward this year and were put in the nursery right when they moved in. They knew James, and James seemed comfortable around them. While they were here, James decided to try and electrocute himself by pulling the glass part of his nightlight off, leaving the metal part of the bulb in the nightlight. He did all this while it was plugged in! He was fine, but the nightlight has seen better days.
Monday morning, I was beginning to feel a cold coming on, but with a busy day a head of me, I just had to keep going. I had an appointment with my family doctor just to check and see if the medicine is still helping the heart problems I have been having. Everything going great there. No pain for a month! Then, I had lunch with a few friends, and their rambunctious kids, who were enjoying their first day off of school for Christmas Break. When I got home, I tried to get James down for a nap, which he did not want because he had not seen Mom all day. He did take a good nap as usual then we went grocery shopping. After dinner, we SKYPEd with Grammy Felt. James loves to talk to his Grandma on the computer, and I wish it would work better with my mom.
Tuesday, Jon, James, and I watched Robby while Jenni helped out a friend. James loved having Robby here! I was even able to take a nap while both boys were down for a nap at the same time. Robby's dad Steve came by at about 3:00, and Steve and Jon played War Craft with Robby and James "helping" where they could. I made dinner while everyone else was being entertained. Jon and I started our Star Trek marathon by watching the first movie.
Yesterday, some friends came by to visit, and James had a ball with their kids! He loves it when other kids come to his house and play! It was nice to visit with Joy and Julie. Jon and I watched the next 3 Star Trek movies through out the day. At 7:00, we went to the church to help clean. James even helped me polish the piano and organ in the chapel. Afterwards, the Carters came over and played Phase 10 Dice while we watched the Las Vegas Bowl, Boise St vs. Utah. Boise St. won! Not a shock. Jon and I were up most of the early morning with James who decided he didn't want to be asleep.
Today, Jon is off to Steve's for a War Craft tournament (or something). James is currently sleeping, and I would still be sleeping if the phone had not started ringing. They were looking for Jon I am guessing, who was already on his way. I am hoping to relax a little today, maybe do some laundry. Tonight, we are going to sing Christmas songs and drink apple cider at the Carters with others from our ward. Should be fun. I am looking forward to singing Christmas songs. I just hope my voice is not gone.
That is what we have been up to this week so far. Hopefully Santa will stop at our place tomorrow night. Merry Christmas everyone!
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great week. I hope your cold doesn't get worse. Dad has been sick for 3 weeks. Have a very Merry Christmas and may Santa find you tomorrow night - but more importantly may the spirit of the reason for the season fill you hearts. I love you.
Post a Comment