Thursday, July 7, 2011

26 Weeks

Okay so I am almost 28 weeks, but the picture was taken at 26 weeks.  I had my first appointment with my new doctor here in Michigan.  It went well.  I learned more about what I have, but I will not go into too much detail so as not to scare anyone (mostly close family and friends) unless this does head in that direction.

My antibody levels are still remaining at 1:4 which is good that they are still not going up.  I also had another ultrasound.  Along with measurements, they looked at the blood flow in they baby's brain.  This shows if the baby is getting anemic because my antibodies are attacking his red blood cells.  It was in the normal range.  Great news!  Now I will be going in every two weeks to have an ultrasound that checks the blood flow in the baby's brain.  Here is a picture from the most recent ultrasound.   
It almost looks like he has his hand in his mouth.

A few new things to share, my doctor said he would schedule a C-section for around 39 weeks.  Just to have it on the schedule.  Things could change.  One thing that could change this is if the baby looks like he is getting anemic.  Then he will be born at 36 weeks (when James was born).  So we are looking at days between September 3rd and 26th as days now that this little boy will be born.

This boy is 2 and a half pound currently and he was measuring about 2 weeks bigger than he was at the time.  Looks like another big baby, but hopefully not as big as James would have been.  Here are some comparison pictures.  Left is me at 26 weeks this time.  Right is 26 weeks with James.
Another interesting thing, I thought I was having contractions and I was a little scared.  It felt similar to when I went into preterm labor with James.  I found out this morning that it was actually a kidney stone this time.  I actually originally thought that is what I was feeling with James, but it was labor then.  Kind of weird and ironic.  So I passed about a 2 mm x 4 mm stone this morning, and I am feeling better.


No comments: