Today, the first day of November and just 54 days until Christmas, I woke up to the alarm and began the daunting task of trying to get Jon up and going for his first med. school final. I was really tired and still and a headache from the night before. I was going to pour me some juice to take my vitamin and something to help the headache, when the juice container slipped out of my hands and broke when it impacted the floor. It was a plastic container and yet it still broke. Juice was everywhere! It even hit the laundry room door on the other side of the hall, and was up to my height on the walls.
Needless to say, I was wide awake then. I threw away my favorite now useless pitcher. Then, I cleaned it up as good as I could quickly, so I could get ready for walking group. The floor was still so sticky and I kept finding more places the juice had splashed. I just got done mopping the floor and wiping all the walls, cabinets, and doors within a 8 foot radius of the initial impact. It was a horrible way to start the morning. Who needs kids. I make bigger messes.
3 comments:
Did the impact wake Jon, or did you accomplish that daunting task after you cleaned up the mess? - Kent
Actually, I was able to get him up before I started my breakfast. So he didn't hear a thing from the bathroom.
I hate mornings that start that way! And doesn't it seems like things like this only seem to happen when you are in a hurry!!
Post a Comment