Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympics

Since the Olympics has started, it has been on the TV almost 24-7. Jon and I have loved watching sports all day long. Jon says it is a good way to make the wait for College Football go by faster. By the way, College Football starts next week!

Anyway, I woke up Thursday morning at 6:30 so I could watch the Gold Medal Softball Game. It was a pretty good game, except Japan beat the U.S. 3-1. I am hoping that this will bring Softball back to the Olympics in 2016. There is still no reason given for getting rid of Softball in the 2012 games, but rumor is that Softball isn't enough of a world sport. I think others were just tired of the U.S. getting gold the first three Olympics where Softball was played. Now Japan has a gold medal in Softball, and the 2016 games are either going to be in Tokyo or Chicago, so I guess it is a good chance it will be back. If you want to know a sport that is not a world sport, did anyone catch any badminton or table tennis games? No matter what country was playing, all the participants we Asian, and most were Chinese. The U.S. table tennis (which let's face it is ping-pong) team were Chinese.

Anyway, that is my opinion. I also watched the Women's Beach Volleyball Gold Medal game six hours before the softball game. It was awesome!

1 comment:

Kathlen said...

I loved watching the Olympics!! I am going to love college football even more!!