Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sweet Potatoes and Allergic Reactions

James LOVES sweet potatoes. He would eat a whole jar in one sitting if I would let him, but I'm not sure his body could handle that much at once yet.
Jon had to go to the Emergency Room. He has had a terrible time with his seasonal allergies this year. We think he is allergic to Oak Tree Pollen. He broke out in a rash all over and his face and neck were swelling. He has been taking prednisone and that seems to be helping. Hopefully the tree pollen will clear out of the air soon.

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Dang it! Sorry Jon.

When I saw your title, I thought you'd be referring to James! At least it wasn't James, right? But again, sorry Jon!

Anna had a bit of an allergic reaction to guacamole the other day. Her top lip got all puffy. Nothing more than that, but interesting!

Grandma Brower said...

Jon, I'm so sorry you had an allergy problem. Its a little discouraging that a little bit of pollen can bring such a bizarre reaction. Hope you are feeling better soon. We love the pictures of James - he's the cutest!!!

The Ziemers said...

Too bad, Jon! I didn't notice a swollen face or rash on Sunday. I guess that means you are doing okay now. I, too, thought it was James who was allergic to sweet potatoes. I am glad he hasn't had any allergies yet(at least I don't think he has!)