Monday, November 30, 2009

Birthday for James




James had a good birthday.  I will try and get some videos posted through out the day.  Here is James eating breakfast. 

I sang "Happy Birthday" to him.  We were a little late for church, because for some reason it took longer than normal for James to eat and get him dressed.  Church was good.  A few highlights (for James)...

James bit me in sacrament meeting.  I could not believe how deep the indent marks were and he did not break the skin.  No picture, because we were in sacrament meeting.

James got to go to nursery for about 30 minutes.  I was filling in last minute.  James like playing with all the other kids.  The only problem was that he is so much younger and was getting trampled and pushed aside.  He also really liked music/singing time.  Then dad took him.

In the combined Piesthood/Relief Society, James enjoyed sharing his toys with Ike and Spencer.  Not to worry the slinky is fine.  I got it untangled.

After church, James eat lunch. 

Since he was not ready to go down for a nap, he opened presents. 

From his Grandma Brower. 

From mom and dad. 

He played for a few minutes. 

Then he took an hour nap.  While he napped, I baked a chocolate cake (James likes chocolate). 

Neither Jon nor I are fans of frosting, so we did cool whip on top.   James enjoyed playing with his new toys when he woke up.  Thanks for the fun toy. Grammy B. 

He climbed over the top of it a few times. 

We had a few friends over for dinner and cake.  For dinner we had Roast, potatoes, carrots, fruit, and rolls.  We did have to cange James's clothes after dinner.  He had potatoes all over.  James loved "playing" with Robby.  I think Robby liked it too, for a little while.

James even shared his toys with Robby. 

Then, it was time for cake.  We sang "Happy Birthday." 

Then, James dug in. 

Not really. 

James did not like the cake. 

He refused to eat it. 

He did enjoy smearing it all over his high chair. 

So it was still a mess, just not on James. 

Then he played some more with his present form Grandma Felt. 

He was ready for bed at 7:00.  Daddy read him a story. 

He was done with pictures.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I was just thinking on Sunday that James bday had to be coming up soon. I didn't realize it was that day!! Happy belated bday James!
Glad to hear the slinkie survived.