This picture was taken about a year ago.
It is all the babies in the ward at the time (under the age of one and present the Sunday we took the picture).
A little background before I go on. Dr. Rhee is a great OBGYN doctor. There are quite a few sisters in our ward who have had babies recently (with in the last two years or so) who go to Dr. Rhee. Six of the babies in the previous picture, and at least four that were not there that day. In the last year, some have moved away.
When this picture was taken, there was a thought to take a picture of the mothers, who saw Dr. Rhee, with their babies. Then we would give that picture to Dr. Rhee with a Book of Mormon. Sadly, it did not happen. Someone got offended, and no one wanted to cause more hurt feelings.
Fast forward, Jon just finished his OB rotation. One night while he was on call, he worked with Dr. Rhee. He told her about this picture taken almost a year ago. She got almost teary at the thought of a picture like this. I email the picture to Jon for him to show it to her.
Then, I got an idea. We should try again to get a picture with all the moms and babies. Here are two of the pictures.
Again sadly, we were not able to get everyone. When there are so many involved it is hard to get everyone at the same place at one time.
Now, we are working on writing our testimonies in a Book of Mormon to give to Dr. Rhee with the picture. When the Book of Mormon is finished, I am going to see if I can set up a time to bring it to her, and get as many of the moms (and kids if necessary) to come with me. Should be a great experience!


2 comments:
My kids and I see the other Dr. Rhee, her husband is an pediatric ophthalmologist. He is great and he loves kids. He wanted me to see his wife but I have been with my ob for years and think the world of her so I will not leave. But I hear she is wonderful. I think it is an awesome idea for the Book of Mormon.
These are great pictures and I'm way excited that you were able to do that!
Post a Comment