Friday, July 1, 2011

Graduation

While James, Grandma Felt, and I sat in the hotel room waiting, Jon and Grandpa Felt got stuck in horrible traffic with the car seat in the back of their car.  At around 11:30, we decided to put James in the backseat of our other car, because we needed to get James to the babysitter and get ready for graduation.  Grandma Felt sat in the back with James.  I was sure we would be pulled over and in big trouble, especially when we got stuck in traffic, too. 

It was after noon by the time we got to our apartment.  I threw everything together that James would need, and we headed to the Tollers, again with James in the back seat next Grandma.  It was all a whirlwind, but with James happily playing at Robby's house, we hurried to get ready for graduation and get Jon there on time.  I think he was a little later than he was told, but I don't know that it was as big of a deal.  It was nice to sit and relax a little, even if the aisles we really small.

The ceremony was not as long and boring as I thought it would be.  I had brought a book just in case, but ended up not reading much of it.  Here are some pictures I took.  Jon walking in. 
Probably cannot see Jon well here.  We were not sitting very close to the stage.  He is on the second row close to the left side of the picture.
Jon being hooded by CBC.
Jon R. Felt, MD
Jon and his mom with his diploma.
Some of our other friends in Jon's class and our ward.  We could not find the fourth couple.
Matthew, Glen, and Jill Lau (going to Memphis, TN), Jon, Keriann, Julie and Justin Sacks (going to Dallas, TX)


2 comments:

Britney said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

WooHOOO! Oh, that must feel nice. Congratulations. You'll be great.