Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fall Was Here

This is the tree in our front yard. 
It seemed to take forever for this tree to change colors this fall, but it finally did.
This was the first snow of the season (on November 10th).
Sadly, it melted really quickly and we have not seen snow since.  It is supposed to snow this weekend though.  Here's hoping!  I am still waiting for the horrible winters that I have been warned about.  I asked a missionary, who is serving here from Idaho, how the winters compared to those in Idaho.  He said they are exactly the same, but humid here.  He was serving by the lake last winter too, where it gets more snow than in Grand Rapids.  I am not too worried about winters here, since I grew up in Idaho and have had some humid, cold winters in Toledo.  Plus there has not been any snow yet and it is a week into December!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, it's still only December! January and February are usually the coldest months!! I'm glad you had a good time for Thanksgiving. We miss you and love you.