Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Finally...

After four and a half weeks of pain, two kidney stones came out at about 10:30 last night. Neither one was half a centimeter. They were both between 2 to 3 millimeters. I don't know if it was two stones close together that was seen in the CT scan, or if it broke into pieces, or even if there is more pieces coming. This picture on the right is what they look like, but again since I don't yet have a digital camera, I cannot post what they really look like.

Yesterday was a little weird, because I could feel something poking in my Urethra. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but not nearly as painful as when a stone is still in the Ureter. I'm just glad that something finally came out and I am that much closer to not have to go to the bathroom through a filter. Also I didn't have to under go surgery to get those things out! Happy Day!

5 comments:

Erik said...

Congratulations on the big event. Hopefully this is the last of the stones and you won't have to endure that kind of pain again.

Keriann said...

Thanks, but sadly there is still one more stone in my kidney. At least now I can take the stone in and find out what has been causing my stones.

Jill Lau said...

I hope you are doing okay. I feel so bad you have to go through that all the time. If you need anything let me know. It looks like you had a nice relaxing Christmas, how fun.

Lyndsay said...

Ew!

dockters said...

Keriann...OUCH! Glad to know you're feeling better. And know wonder kidney stones hurt...that thing looks sharp!!!