Saturday, June 28, 2008

Excitment in Michigan

Thursday night, Jon and I had our usual Panda Express and temple trip to Michigan. As has been the norm (except the two times before), there was some excitement. Not long after we crossed the border into Michigan, traffic stopped. When we finally made it to the cause, we found the left lane blocked by a police car with its lights going. The road in the other side of the car was the cause. There was a huge hole in the pavement, which spread across the entire lane and a little into the right lane. There was also pieces of pavement all over the road. We saw ten flat tires as a result of this problem. It was a little crazy!

Then a storm hit as we were leaving Ann Arbor with our Orange Chicken. It was pretty intense! Luckily Jon grew up in Seattle and has driven in blinding rain quite a bit, and we made it to Bloomfield Hills in one piece. The drive home was, as usual, uneventful.

Last night at about 1:00 a.m. (so maybe it was this morning), we had some pretty incredible lightning and thunder. I woke up and could here running water coming from our other bedroom. I went in there to see what was going on, only to find a waterfall. One of our windows was leaking really bad. I got some towels to soak up the water. Luckily, the rain didn't last too long, so the waterfall stopped and I just had to soak up what had already come in. I did check our other windows, and they seem fine.

So for another camp moment, Tuesday morning that week when all the girls arrived, the YCLs, in there "spy outfits", were along the dirt road into camp with squirt guns. They seemed to have fun welcoming everyone to camp.

Here is Lena, from the St Marys Branch, Tori, who is new in the Toledo 1 Ward, and Ginger, from the Fremont Branch, ready for action. Here is where the girls registered for camp, and got everything they would need for the week.Cortney and Kaitlyn excited for camp.The next two pictures are the Stake Camp Director welcoming the girls and leaders to camp. Don't they look excited?

No comments: