I, like most members of my church, really enjoy General Conference. I think it is really awesome that God still speaks to His children through His prophets. Jon and I enjoyed gathering around our computer to watch via the Internet. There were a few problems in viewing conference, but we did get to watch most of it. The problems were some what fixable. When the receiver at our church quit working during the Priesthood Session,
Jon went to the Stake Center, which luckily is only about a 15 minute drive. Then when BYU-TV.com quit working at the beginning of the Sunday afternoon session, we just switched over to lds.org, which worked well enough.
It was a good weekend with only one stumbling block. During the Saturday afternoon session, a gland under my jaw started to hurt. Later that night, I had a slight fever, chills, and my lungs were hurting too. Right before I went to bed I noticed my sinuses were a little sore.
I woke up in the middle of the the night and from my teeth to my neck had started to hurt too. I also noticed the normal congestion that has plagued me every night since I cannot take decongestant, so I took an antihistamine. It seemed to help the pain I was experiencing, too, which leads me to believe that all this is allergy related. This gland on the left side under my jaw hurt all day Sunday and still hurts. I don't know what the problem is, but I am glad that nothing else came of it. No other sick feelings have developed. I have never have sore glands due to allergies (that I can remember).
Here is a quote I liked from conference, which helped in feelings of being overwhelmed by my current calling. "You don't know everything, but you know enough." -Elder Neil L. Andersen
2 comments:
What a great Conference. I hope are feeling better today. I'm starting to get a tickle in the back of my throat, so I hoping that it won't be staying very long. That being said, this is the usual time when people start getting the sniffles.
I loved the same quote from conference. Sorry that you had such a sick day a that your viewing was interupted. Brian and Tiff came up for the weekend and we had 7 kids here (two babies) but somehow we managed to watch most of it...we watched over the internet... we set up our laptop on the living room table. What memories!
Post a Comment