Friday, October 10, 2008

Inbox


I have a personal triumph as of late. Last weekend I decided I was going to get my email inbox cleaned out. I had over thirty emails in there and I always felt a little discouraged when I would log in to see all those I need to write. So over conference weekend I wrote about thirty-five emails (to respond to many who have been siting in my inbox for more months than I am willing to admit) and was able to get my inbox to less then ten. The real accomplishment has been that it has stayed under ten all week, and not because I have not received any new ones, but because I have responded more promptly, deleted more regularly, and read forwards when I got them (except political ones, which are just discarded, because as far as political forwards go they are always incorrect and very biased).

At this point, if the emails for my calling, which I simply keep for a reminder and are archived when the activity is over, are taken out, I actually have less then five emails I need to respond to and they have all been written to me this week. I am just hoping that I can keep it up. It looks so much better!

No comments: