James had his two month visit with the doctor yesterday. I cannot believe he is two months already. He is 12 pounds 15 ounces (50th percentile) and 23.25 inches long (75th percentile). His head is still in the 90th percentile. He also got his first immunizations (not counting the one in the hospital the day after he was born). He loved the oral one. They said it is really sugary and taste like grape. He was still enjoying the flavor, happy and content, when the nurse stuck him. He got a really shocked look on his face and then started to scream. She did the second one fast. Daddy was holding him for the shots, so he comforted him a little first and then it was to mommy. He quieted faster than I thought he would. The only problem came when I tried to put him in his car seat. He would not bend.
One sad thing, we have to go back for one more shot when it comes in. They were out of the Hib vaccine, and since there was a breakout recently of haemophilus, this is an important one for James to get. Poor little dude.
Here is a picture Jon took Sunday morning before I changed James into his blessing outfit. Love the bedhead!

We also have some good news. James slept in his crib from 12:30 until 6:15 (waking up once to eat). The doctor wants James to be sleeping in his crib by four months, because she has so many patients that at their four month appointment have fallen off beds and couches. They are a little more mobile by four months. James did really well in his own bed last night. I hope it continues.
6 comments:
Congrats on the good nights sleep. Poor James, hope he is okay after the shots. The second day is usually worse for us. I like your new blog layout.
Keriann, thank you so much for posting all of the pictures off James. I would go crazy if I couldn't at least see him through his smiling eyes. I think he is absolutely darling and wish we could have been to the blessing. Keep writing about him, grammy Felt loves it. Mom F
Isn't it funny how precious sleep becomes? (especially long stretches!) First sacrifices of parenthood are pretty steep!
I love hearing the update about little James! I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well. That 12:30 to 6:15 thing is pretty awesome - our Becca is a good sleeper too. We can't wait to come out and visit you guys and have these two little ones hook up! Love you guys!
He did sleep well Monday night, but it was not as great Tuesday night. Just wanted to clarify that.
I hope little James is recovering from shots well!! Is his hair getting darker? Or is it just me?
Post a Comment