*Jon got a really bad ear infection and has not felt well. He is now starting to feel better, but it has been a long healing process.
* James and I went to play group and James went "swimming" for the first time. He really just stood in the kiddy pool, which was between knee and waist deep. I think he was enjoying it until one of the other kids wanted to include James in the fun and splashed James in the face. He freaked out then and was done.
* James had scrambled eggs for the first time.
He enjoyed being able to feed himself. He seems to like them, and I can get ready for the day while he eats!
* Thursday night, Jon had a Peds. Residence Dinner, and Jon and I had long Stake Meetings. Jon came late to our meetings, but I do not know that he really missed anything.
James went and played with Cohen and Jace. Julie and Justin, thanks so much for watching James, so we did not have to take him to our meetings. He seemed to enjoy the night and they say he was good.
Our meetings went well, and I think we were able to accomplish a lot. We got things planned for Youth Standards Night in September and the Olympic Games we are doing in October. We also discussed plans for Youth Conference for next year.
*Jon and I have put together two flyers and emails for the Stake Youth Activities for the next few months. Then sent them out to the different units in the stake and everyone else who needs them.
* James has really been enjoying food lately. Here he is with food all over his face.
I think it is squash and graham crackers.
* We went to the temple and did some Initiatories. We traded babysitting with our friends, the Wierschke's. It actually worked out really well. We found a room in the church next to the temple and hung out there with the kids while we were not in the temple. Kat and Jon (Jon Wierschke) did a session first. Then, we had lunch together. Then, Jon and I went to the temple. We left at 8:00 a.m. and got home at 6:00 p.m. Definitely an all day thing, but it was nice to be able to go to the temple.
We also saw a friend who used to be in our ward. She was there doing pictures for a wedding. It was fun to talk for a few minutes and introduce her to James.
Here are a few pictures from the day. James watching Brett play and wishing he could play with Brett.
James holding his own bottle! He does that some times, but not often.
Brett's new car. It kind of worked.
2 comments:
What cute boys!!
I agree, what cute boys! (Especially James!) James is getting so grown up and I'm missing it! I'm so glad that you blog so I can watch him grow in pictures. Thank you. He certainly has blue eyes! I can't believe how blue they are getting. Give him a hug for Grandma Brower!!!!
Post a Comment