Friday, April 15, 2011

Maternal Fetal Medicine

We have had some adventures at the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Office recently. In February, I found out I have anti-K antibodies in my blood. If you have not heard of this, it is probably because it is really rare. I will not go into to much detail now, but I will just say it is similar to the Rh factor, with some differences.

If you have not guessed or we have not told you, yes, I am pregnant. I am 16 weeks now. Some of you might think I am well passes the miscarriage stage, but with these antibodies, it is actually more risky as the pregnancy goes on. Hence why I have not blogged about any of this yet. The good news is that now days there is the technology that the baby will most likely be fine, but the road ahead could be exciting.

Here is a picture of me at 14 weeks (blue shirt) and one of me when I was 14weeks with James, just for comparison.

6 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Oh Yeah Congrats!! I hope things go smoothly as can be!! I'm so jealous it seems like you're growing just about the same. I haven't even taken pictures this time around cause I feel SO much bigger!! Keep me posted. I hope you haven't been to sick?

Esther said...

Congratulations! We hope that everything goes well and that the doctors can help make things go as smoothly as possible! Good luck!
~Joe and Esther Smidt

Jill Lau said...

Congratulations you guys!! Glen told me awhile ago but I kept quiet because I wasn't sure if you had told a lot of people yet. I am glad you have now. I hope things go well. I am really excited for you!

Myrnie said...

Congratulations you three! So happy for you! Keriann, I hope this is a wonderful pregnancy for you and that little one!

TC, Ashley said...

Congratulations! I hope things go well with your pregnancy!

Lyndsay said...

Congrats! I'm late in the game, but I had no idea.