Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our New Zoo

James and I went to the zoo one day last week.  The John Ball Zoo is really nice.  It is not as big as the Toledo Zoo, but there were a lot of different animals.  We were not quite able to get through the whole thing in just an hour, but we will go back again.  Here are a few pictures.
Looking at the pink birds.
Pink flamingos.
What is that?
I think this is some kind of ant eater, but I never saw the sign.  It was probably before we saw this animal.
Cannot really see them here, but this is grizzly bears. 
When we first got there they were sleeping, but before we walked away the woke up and growled.  Not a sound I would want to here in the wild, but it was cool to hear it at the zoo!  Here is a picture from the turtle exhibit.  It was fun to see how many we could find, I think I counted 9 (not in this picture though).
We saw other animals.  These were just the ones I took pictures of.  We saw a bobcat, cougar, sleeping lion, jumping monkeys, ducks, camels (with camel rides), goats, bald eagles....  I think that was all.  James also got to pet a turtle, which he thought was really cool.

No comments: