Thursday night, Jon's fellow first year Pediatric Residents decided they wanted to have a get together to celebrate the future baby Felt. I guess you could call it a baby shower, but it was not really like stereotypical baby shower. Families were invited, even the almost 6-month-old triplets came! We just talked and eat food. There were presents, mostly diapers, since that was really what we need for this boy. We got 941 diapers (295 size 1, 462 size 1-2, and 184 size 2)
to add to the newborn diaper I got before I left Toledo (not all the diapers are in the picture). Jon and I are pretty sure this boy is not going to fit in newborn diapers for long, if at all since he is well over 6 pounds now and I still have about 4 weeks. I wonder how long the diapers will last? Probably not as long as one might think. We also got 31 books, a toy cow, and a homemade Very Hungry Caterpillar mobile.
There was a book theme, which is awesome! I always wanted to do a shower with a book theme, but most of the time you need more than just books.
James had fun too. At first he was scared of the dog, but after the dog calmed down a little James warmed up to her.
Here James is sitting with Chris, one of Jon's classmates that James has become friends with.
Chris and Jon looked at the camera right as I took the picture. James enjoyed coloring pictures with others too. He even helped a little with opening presents. As we were getting ready to leave, James finally wanted to eat something. We gave him a few strawberries and then took the some home with us for him to eat right before bed. It was a fun night, and thanks for all the diapers and books!
3 comments:
How fun!! The mobile is so cute. You guys seem to be settling in and getting to know people. James is, of course, getting cuter by the day!! Can hardly wait to see the new boy!!
I think the mobile is adorable too. What a great idea! mom f
Yay! I'm glad James has found a friend :)
Post a Comment