Friday, December 23, 2011

Meijer Gardens

We received a membership to Meijer Gardens for Christmas.  Thanks Grandma Felt!  We were able to go and look at Christmas lights, the Christmas Trees from around the world, and trains that were on display.  It was a fun night.  The Harris family (minus Tyler) were able to join us too.  Here are my pictures.  Jacob's reaction to all the lights.
One of my favorite trees.
It is representing Ukraine.  I just love that even though they were poor they were able to have a tree with such beautiful decorations from a magical spider. There were also carolers there.
More Trees.
The trains.
One of the new buildings in the train display this year is where Jon works, Helen Devos Children's Hospital.
The tropical greenhouse even had lights.
I was trying to find the right setting on my camera to take pictures of the lights.
I think I finally found it.
Jon and James looking at a cow.
The big horse statue.
James and Hailey had a lot of fun playing here.
Walking back to the warm greenhouses.
Jon and James next to the Switzerland Tree.
Germany.
There was supposed to be a pickle ornament on this tree, but we looked and looked and did not find it.
James saw Santa, but would not sit on his lap or even in the sleigh.
It did not take long before he was done.
Harris family with Santa.
As we were leaving we saw this star over the greenhouses, and it looked cool.
We had a lot of fun.  We need to go back during the day and play with the trains.  It will be a fun place to go and spend some time this year!

1 comment:

Grandma Brower said...

I want to come with you!! This is a great display, thanks for posting it. Enjoy your membership.