How many are sick of seeing kidneys on my blog? Well, I sure am, but that's what is going on in my life right now. This picture actually shows where my stone is and how far it has traveled.Today, I had an appointment with a urologist about my kidney stones. Dr. Selman was surprised that I had never had a metabolic workup on my kidney stones before. So that is what they are going to do. First, this stone has to come out so what it is made of can be figured out. If it doesn't pass by Thursday at 1:00 p.m., I will be going in for surgery (that is what the information I received calls it, but Jon is referring to it as a procedure). The doctor will go up and blast it or just grab it and extract it. Then a shunt will be put in and will remain there for a day. Normally you are put under with general anesthetic, but because of my allergy, I will get a spinal tap. The doctor was very hesitant about doing this because of my allergies, but this stone has got to come out or I will go crazy. I am still hoping the stone will come out before Thursday, and if you are a praying person, please pray that it will come out before Thursday.
After the stone comes out, I will get to go in again and discus where we go from there.
1 comment:
Not a fun way to spend your Christmas break...at least Jon will be there to be your servant. It's a great time to take advantage of that!
Post a Comment