Thursday, March 27, 2008

March Madness - Sweet Sixteen

This year's basketball championship has been rather exciting. There have been many upsets (not the ones I picked, but oh well). I really like to see the underdog win. It is fun to see a team, which the experts didn't think was all that good, beat higher ranked teams. Before the tournament started there were not many upset chosen by the experts. Al though all the number one ranked teams are still in, 2 of the number two teams and 3 of the number four. In one bracket there was a number 12 team playing a number13 team in the second round! Exciting! I'm excited to see how the "Sweet Sixteen" games will go tonight and tomorrow night. Who else will upset?

On a different note, Jon and I went to Monnette's Market yesterday to get a few things. Monnette's sales produce and meat and a few other things for a lower price than most other places. In the summer there produce is mostly locally grown, too. When you pay with plastic money (we never have cash), the cashier always asks for I.D. Well, yesterday, she told Jon she didn't need to see his I.D., because she recognizes him as a frequent customer. I guess we are locals of Toledo now. We are recognized at the local market. It was a turning point for our lives in Toledo.

4 comments:

brittani c. said...

I like that picture of Toledo. The Maumee actually looks normal.

Lyndsay said...

Aw, welcome to Toledo, Toledo Natives! This is a big day!
My NCAA bracket picks did not go so well this year.

Kent and Leisy said...

happy birthday jon!
-kent, leisy, and baby z

Jon said...

Thanks. Except for the lectures and cutting up a brain, it's been a pretty good day.:)