Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day Eight

It is hard for me to believe I have been here for more than a week. The days go by very slowly, but it does not really feel like it has been a week already. I am looking forward to my doctor being here tomorrow so I can find out what is really going to happen.

I thought today I would post some pictures of things that have become part of my every day life here in the Toledo Hospital.

This sign on my door will greet you.Here is a constant friend. It is like a constant massage. They keep me from getting blood clots since I am on bed rest.This monitors the baby's heart beat and any contractions. I am only hooked up to it twice a day for 20 minutes at a time. The nurses say the baby looks really good and I have not had an contractions for a few days now.My view. There is a little bit of sky that can be seen.
I am drinking lots of water. This is my little pitcher of ice water, and it makes it more fun to drink out of a straw.Hospital food. Need I say more. I took this picture right after I finished lunch.How I know that time is really passing, and when I have to take more medicine.My phone. It is fixed (no more high pitched beeping), and it is a direct line in. A box of tissue for my stuffy nose since it is a great time of year for seasonal allergies.The television. Do not let the picture fool you. It is tiny. 10-inch screen (or less).Jenni's laptop. What a life savor! I play games, blog, check email, watch movies, etc. Thanks Jenni. It has been great to have a computer.
A good book to read.Puzzle books. Thanks Sherri and Mom!

5 comments:

The Ziemers said...

Just thought I would say a quick "Hi." Enjoy this restful time of your life. See you tomorrow.

Kent and Leisy said...

congrats on no contractions! that sounds like good news. Does that mean you may get to go home on bedrest soon?

Keriann said...

Sadly, the soonest I will be able to go home (if the baby doesn't come before) is next Friday, November 14. I have to get to 34 weeks first, but it is looking more like I will make it to that point now.

ashley g. said...

Oh sweetheart. Hang in there! You are awesome for taking such good care of yourself and of Baby. This means that he will sleep like an angel for you (I'm sure of it!). Take care and know that there are a lot of people thinking of you!

dockters said...

Just wanted to say hi to you...now that we are even closer neighbors. I thought about yelling to you down the hall, but I didn't think other patients would appreciate that! :) See you soon!