Friday, November 14, 2008

"Should I Stay or Should I go?"

In the words of Jar Jar Binks, "Me Sa Goin' Home!"

Today I met with my doctor. She measured how dilated I am now. She said I was 1-2 cm, which is less than what she thought I was three (2.5) weeks ago. She feels good about letting me go home. Jon is a little nervous, but he will be there with me all weekend and my mom is coming to town Monday night. It will be so nice to leave this hospital room for more than half an hour!

The baby looks really good, but is still breach. I will be on bed rest at home until the baby comes. The only time I can leave the house will be to go see my doctor. I have an appointment with her on Monday morning. She will then decide how long to keep me on the Procardia (medicine stopping the contractions).

This will not be my longest hospital stay. I wondered if it would break the record, but since I get to go home tonight at around 6:00, this time in the hospital is one day shy of tying my longest stay. When I was six, I was in the hospital for 18 days. This time was only 17. The difference is that when I was six, I was really sick and did not really care about anything. This time, I have felt fine, and it was driving me crazy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!! Bed rest still stinks...but bed rest at HOME? Much better :) Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well, and that little bugger turns!

Sarah said...

Hooray! I agree bed rest stinks, but yes much better at home than at a hospital. Take it easy and try using a flashlight to see if he'll turn, it worked for Ciera!

ashley g. said...

Yay, yay, yay!! Home is going to be so much better. Best of luck tomorrow morning and keep up the frequent posts- I am on ice a few thousand miles away for you guys.

And how cool to have your Mom come. Don't Mom's seem to make everything better?

Karen said...

Glad you will be more comfortable. Hope that things go well for ya! You could also try Cat/cows. Its a yoga/stretch move that helps move the heaviest parts of the baby to the right spots. It's especially useful to avoid a posterior baby.