Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day Sixteen

Trying to figure out what to write today, I just sit here staring at the computer. Well, here are some pictures of my painted fingernails. The other hand has already started to chip. Oh well, it was fun.

Yesterday, my lunch and dinner ended up not being what I ordered, and it has been hard to find things to eat on the menu that I am not allergic to that seem appetizing. Today, a dietitian stopped by and apparently they had in there computers that I cannot have corn or seeds. They took that out of the computer, but lunch today was still not what I ordered.

Today when I was on the monitor, I was having regular contractions like the ones when I first came in except that every third of fourth on was bigger. The nurses had started monitoring me right after they gave me the Procardia (medicine to stop the contractions), so they decided to keep me on for 20 more minutes to see if when the Procardia kicked in, it would stop the contractions. It did not. Then they gave me a shot of Brethine (tributaline). It stopped the contractions immediately. The Brethine is not fun though. It makes me shake, and my lungs burn. It is also used to treat asthma. Kind of weird that an asthma treatment can also stop contractions and preterm labor.

That is the up date for now. Tomorrow will be a big day. I will be 34 weeks, and I will find out if I get to go home or not.

3 comments:

dockters said...

Oh Keriann! I hope you get to come home!

ashley g. said...

We are rooting for you to get home so that you can help that little baby bake a little longer. Hang in there. And if I were nearby, I would totally come and paint your nails for you. Chipped or not, I am impressed that you have like NO SWELLING? How did you escape that pregnancy woe? Best of luck to you!

Kent and Leisy said...

I hope the news is good news! good luck today.