Monday, September 28, 2009

Catch Up

There have been quite a few things happening recently, which I have wanted to blog about, but have not had the time (a reason will be forth coming, hopefully). I am going to try and do a quick catching up of some events.

1- Stake Conference was three weeks ago. It was rally good. I enjoyed both sessions. Luckily Jon was able to get off in time to go with James and I to the Saturday Adult Session, and then he did not have to go in on Sunday. One of the Young Women from the Wauseon Branch, and a friend of mine, spoke on Sunday. She did a wonderful job.

2- James and I have been enjoying our zoo membership. After one of the times we have been this last month, we stopped to visit a friend. James enjoyed playing on the hard wood floors. He could move more easily, but still backwards. He kept getting stuck under the couch. He learned he could not roll while he was stuck. Eventually, he decided to try and pick a dark spot in the wood off the floor.

3- This last week I was able to go to the temple with my friend, Denise, and her sister, JoLyn. It was supposed to be the Stake Young Women Presidency, but things did not work out last minute. I am glad we were still able to go. It was nice to get away for a little while and spend some time with my friend before she moves away. We also enjoyed a late lunch at Applebee's (once we found one that was still open).

4- James is good at using his teeth. To eat or to bite anything close to his mouth. Here is a good shot of them.

5- I was able to vote in the Primary Elections earlier this month. We will be getting a new mayor in November. The sad part about when I voted was I did not know about it until the day of the election. I was only able to research the mayor candidates and the issues on the ballot. There were also some City Council Members on the ballot, but since I did not know anything about them, I did not feel comfortable just voting for someone there. I hope to be more prepare for the November 3 Elections.

6- James has discovered that he can pull the movies off the bottom shelf (in the background here). He love to pull one out and look at it. Then set it aside. Pull another out and look at it. Then set it aside. I am guesses he is looking for a certain movie, because he will eventually just look at one of them for a long time. Some times laughing and jabbering at the movie case. Here he stopped with The Pacifier.

7- Last Friday, Jon was done with his Internal Medicine Clerkship! Yeah!!!! We went shopping for some things Jon needs, a coat, a suit, and some shoes. We did get him some shoes, and he finally talked me into some boots. He has been trying for almost 6 years. I was looking for some new shoes for church, because there was a buy one get one half off sale. I could not find a style I liked. Jon suggested the boots, so I tired them on. There are some benefits to them. I can wear my cotton socks (since I am allergic to nylons), and no one makes fun of me for my allergy. I do not have to shave my legs and no one will know if I have or not. Warmer in the winter. Jon really likes them. I have new shoe to wear to church. I might get a picture to post soon. They are just black boots. (While putting on my new boots, I also learned I has some muscle loss in my right leg, but that is a story for another day.)

8- James love to have daddy around, too.

9- This last weekend, I was able to attend the Relief Society Broadcast at our church building. I enjoyed the talks and was glad I was able to watch. I also was able to go to my own ward and enjoy the time I had there, since I would not be able to go back until November due to my stake calling. Then Sunday night, I went to an Open House for my friend, Denise. Since she will be pulling out of town this week, the ward had an open house to say good-bye and good luck. I will get to see her again this week before she goes, but it was still a sad day.

10- I will end with Cheese! James LOVES cheese! He will always pick out the orange (cheddar) cheese first, then the white cheese, and then eat whatever is left.

1 comment:

Grandma Brower said...

Thank you for the great pictures and up dates on your busy life. James is just soooooo cute!