Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FHE

We have had some fun Family Home Evenings recently.  At least, Jon and I have thought they were fun.  We have been using the Friend a lot of the lessons.  Last night, we had a lesson on telling the truth and choosing what was right.  Then, we made pretzels, which the Friend has a recipe. 
Before they were baked
We decided not make them in the shape of CTR (choose the right) as it said to do. 
After being baked and butter brushed on them
They were really good and it was fun. 
Cooling.
Jacob even joined in the fun.
We could not get James to help with the pretzels though.  Maybe next time.  A few weeks ago we had a lesson about staying on the "strait and narrow path."  Then, we did a scavenger/treasure hunt with pictures of things around the house for clues. Here is one of the picture clues.
James loved following the clues more than the treat at the end.  I hid the clues again and he searched for the clues again.  Then he also took the clues to bed with him.

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

Those look so delicious! I saw that in the friend but I'm sure I would eat way too many and then feel guilty for eating too much :)