Friday, May 2, 2008

Another Plant Update and a New Toy

I was going to transplant my bean starts (that is right another one worked out too) yesterday in honor of it being May Day, but I did not get to it. Instead, I did it this morning. I dug up my sad dead garlic, and planted a bean in the little pot. I planted the other one in a plastic cup (I will have to be really careful not to over water this one since it has no drainage). I do not know what I will do when they out grow these little containers in my window. Oh well, it has been fun to have something growing. Here are some pictures.

This is the new one that can up about two days ago.
Here are the two together. I used straws and bag ties to hold them up so they could grow straighter.
Yesterday I also get a new toy. I have been needing a new mop for a while. When we moved here I bought one that had replaceable heads so I could just but a new mop head instead of a new mop when I needed one. The time came when I needed a new mop head, and they do not carry the changeable heads any more. I was a little saddened by this. My floors have been neglected far too long, so finally, I broke down and bought a Swiffer Sweeper that can also be used as a mop. It will actually be less expensive in the long run and it works great. So much better then a mop and bucket of soapy water. It gets the corners so much better! It is also way easier. Less work for me to mop my kitchen and bathrooms! Yeah! I am a happy "camper" now.

1 comment:

Kathlen said...

I love my swiffer sweeper!