Friday, May 30, 2008

Toledo Zoo

Jon and I went to the zoo on Wednesday. We bought a membership to support our zoo back in March, so we decided we should use it. The weather was perfect! 60 degrees and sunny. It was a lot of fun! We got a little sunburned and my feet hurt, but it was still a great adventure. Here are some of the pictures that turned out the best.

There were a lot of schools at the zoo when we first got there. There was only one bus in the parking lot when we left. Polar Bear.Giraffes.Wildebeest.My favorite part was the Aviary. Sadly, most of the pictures I took of some really amazing birds were too blurry to post.I also liked the Conservatory. Probably because I am a plant person, but oh well.Jon really like the elephants. There was a trainer out getting the elephants to do all sorts of tricks. It was fun to see!
If you look close, you will see a softball in her trunk. She is about to throw it to the trainer.
"I am a beautiful butterfly!" Sorry for the cheesy grin.Jon following instructions.Rhinoceros

3 comments:

Kathlen said...

So fun!! We are going to have to go when we get there!! My favorite pic is of Jon, too funny!!

Lacey said...

Love the butterfly picture, and your "Bug's Life" reference. I need to visit the zoo here in Cleveland. That's a great date idea! Thanks!

Cynthia said...

I am so sad I have never seen the elephants with a trainer before. How fun!