Friday, November 7, 2008

Day Ten

I realize the titles of some of my most recent posts have been sort of boring, but I really think that best shows what it is like to sit in a hospital for weeks and feel just fine. It has been very boring.

I am now 33 weeks. In one more week, I might be able to go home and be on bed rest there. My doctor was here yesterday, and this is what I found out. Next Friday, my doctor will check to see if I have dilated any more. If I have, I will stay in the hospital. If I have not dilated anymore (still around 3 cm), then I can go home.

I will continue to take the medicine that keeps my contractions from coming back for a few more days after 34 weeks. Then I will stop taking it and just let the baby come when it happens at that point.

He is still breach, so what my doctor would like to do is to turn him. She said that after he is 34 weeks, it will not hurt the baby to do so, but it will hurt me. Then she hopes that I will be able to the the baby "naturally." If they do not turn him or he does not turn on his own, she would have to do a C-section. She also said that even if they do turn him, he might turn back, or they still might have to do a C-section. Just have to see what happens there.

If I go home at 34 weeks, I will have weekly appointments with my doctor to check how things are progressing. That would be the only time I could leave the house.

Last night, a friend of ours was here to be induced. Jon was able to get a wheelchair, so I could go visit her before things progress too far. It was nice to get out of my room for a little bit. She had a baby boy later that night. It was a good visit and a nice break from the monotony.

When I was on the monitors last night, there was a little bit of a scare. I had three contractions (that I did not feel) that were 6-7 minutes apart. The nurse (a sister in the Toledo 2 ward) kept me on the monitor a little longer to make sure the contractions were stopping. They did. The scary part is that I do not feel them. Those were the first contractions I have had in a while, at least that I know of. This morning when I was on the monitor, I did not have any. It feels like a waiting game, and I guess it really is.

Here are some pictures that Jon took the other night. I was enjoying sitting in a chair when dinner was brought in, so I just stayed there and ate.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ciera was breech at that point in my pregnancy also. We used a flashlight on my tummy. Started at the top of my stomach and moved it to the bottom, she followed it! I was so releaved that she turned, especially since I already had 2 previous delivery's the "natural way", you should try it!

Liana said...

At least you get to wear your own jammy's and not those ugly uncomfortable hospital gowns. woohoo! :) hang in there!

Karen said...

Oooo yeah, sexy legwear! The good thing is, time keeps on tickin' and you can't be pregnant forever!
I had a bunch of contractions before 34 weeks and they put me on bed rest too.... soooo boring... but worth it. Funny thing is when they took me off bed rest I went another 3 weeks w/o delivering! I think Isaac was playing a practical joke on us all. My very partial, biased and one sided advice... go natural, its healthier! ;)