The results are in. There were five people who guessed the right range. One of them was me and I have a feeling that one was someone that I told. So that would mean only three guessed right. Sorry Mom Felt. It was more than $2500 a day for room and board. Everyone is in suspense right? Well, room and board at the Toledo Hospital for 17 days is $43,653. Right now our insurance company is trying to get out of paying anything. Who knew pregnancy could be considered a preexisting condition. I guess that is what happens when you are on the school's insurance plan and the change providers half way through your pregnancy. Do not worry. If Aetna decides they do not have to pay it, I am also on Medicaid, and they will cover it all.
For a running total, James has already been $45,131.15 in hospital bills (and worth every penny), but that is just from my stay before the actual birth. I have a feeling it will be a lot more than that before we are done.
6 comments:
That is an outrageous amount of money! Thank goodness for Medicaid!
Brady was just telling me that the law says when a company changes insurance providers it is considered full coverage during the whole process. So Aetna should pay the full amount anyway since you have been paying premiums and such. Let us know what finally happens!
I just threw up in my mouth for you. That is sickening of your insurance to jip you like that! Thank goodness for Medicaid... that is absolutely outrageous. One day, you will have amazing insurance. That's what I keep telling myself. But I also remind myself that I will probably be menopausal by then too.
James- it's a good thing you are too cute. You truly are priceless.
So glad you're covered! James is already changing and growing--I forget how fast that happens... but they just get better so its ok!
Oh dear, I'm starting to get nightmares. I'm not foreseeing bedrest at the hospital or early delivery, but we'd be in big dipp'ty doo. Medical expenses are sick.
Babies can be expensive! Richard and I cost about $18,000, but you win!
Post a Comment