Thursday, April 2, 2009

Car Stuff and Other Things

Yesterday, I was invited to join Jon for lunch on campus. It was a Middle Eastern Feast, and was quite tasty. Then we listened to a presentation abut the architecture of the Taj Mahal. It was really interesting. Justin Sacks held James through most of it. Thanks Justin! James started to fuss so I took him to the back of the room and Jon fed him a bottle, while we listened to the rest of the presentation.

But a really exciting (not in a good way) thing happened before lunch. Jon came and picked James and me up after his morning lectures. We got to the school and found a really close parking spot. When I was getting the diaper bag out of the car, I could smell anti-freeze really strong, and I hoped it was not our car. Then Jon noticed steam coming from under the hood, and I saw a puddle forming under our car. I went and looked at the front of the car and there was water/anti-freeze pouring on to the ground. Oh great!

So after Jon ate, he went out and looked to see if a hose had blew or something worse, but the only thing he could figure was that it had come from around the cap on the reservoir. He tried calling his dad, but there was no answer. Finally, he was able to talk to his dad, and they decided that all that was needed was a new radiator cap. Off to Walmart, and $5 later, the problem seems to be fixed. Random? Probably. Good thing we have a new car.

The fun continues. I went to workout with a friend of mine in the ward. It was a horrible time to drive. The sun was in the worst spot, making it impossible to see. I turned down the wrong road, so I took a back road to get be back on track. Half way down that road, I noticed a police car behind me. My first thought, "Am I speeding?" I did not know what the speed limit was. Then I wondered if his lights were on? I could not tell because the way the sun was hitting them. I just prayed that I was not getting pulled over. He followed me until I pulled off of the next major road into m friend's housing addition. Of course when I put my left signal on to turn it did not work, no matter how much I wiggled it (the normally works). After I turned, I saw the police car drive keep going, but driving slowly and watching me. I was afraid when I was done working out he would be waiting for me outside the house, but the drive home I only saw one police car and it was going the other direction. Lesson learned: Do not drive when the sun, as it is setting, is in the horrible, blinding spot .

No comments: