Yesterday, I went with the Stake Young Women's Presidency to the Fremont Branch. We were just checking on the Young Women's Program there and to offer them some help. We also wanted to talk to them about camp since none of their leaders have been to the camp meetings or the last two Leadership Training Meetings. There is a little concern there for camp, since camp is going to be really different this year. One fun thing: one of the Elders that had served in our ward was serving in the Fremont Branch. It was fun to see Elder Heyland (probably spelled wrong) again in a different location.Saturday, I went to a Stake Relief Society Activity. It was really good, and I was glad I went. I was kind of sad to see the lack of attendance, especially from my own ward, but it was a really nice day. I know most would have rather been out enjoying the weather. I really thought it was worth the sacrifice however. They had a bunch of "classes" to chose from. I went to a cooking one and a budgeting one. Lunch was amazing! They had some men from the stake there to serve us. I was just sad they ran out of cheese cake before I was able to have any. All they had left was chocolate stuff, which I do not like. Luckily, I had a Rice Crispy Treat in my purse, so I ate one of those.
Jon survived about 7 hours with James. Maybe he will be able to make it the whole week of Girls' Camp with him. :) We will see.
1 comment:
We missed you at church yesterday. Hope you got everything straightened out in Fremont. A week of girls' camp will be a good experience for Jon and James. I am leaving mine with Steven for a WHOLE NIGHT AND DAY in just a few weeks so I can go to TOFW with Steven's mom and sister. I am really excited, but nervous for Steven and the kids. I know it will be good for everyone, though.
Post a Comment