Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grand Adventure Part 2: Utah

Monday, April 6, 2009

We landed in Salt Lake City at noon Mountain Time (we were supposed to land at 10:30 a.m.). It had been two years since I had been out West! Jon's mom was at baggage claim to meet us. She immediately took James from the "snuggli" in which I was carrying him, so I could find our bags and the car seat.

After watching for our bags for a while, we realized that after we had found the correct carousel, they had switched them. Rude! So we moved down one and found our bags and car seat. We made sure Jenni did have a ride and would be okay waiting. Then headed off to the car.

I was starving! The breakfast bar we got on the flight was hardly a meal, and I had breakfast ten hours earlier. We stopped for lunch at McDonald's, and then headed to Stansbury Park (north of Tooele). It was a little crazy at Jon's parents' house. You see all of Jon's brothers and their families were there. One of Jon's brothers lives only a mile from their parents, one was visiting from Logan, and the third from Washington.

Monday night, we had a big Family Home Evening. James had gone to bed at 6:00. He was exhausted, but there were eight adults and ten children from ages 10 years - 10 months. Grandma gave a lesson about Christ's Resurrection from the Nursery Manual. Then we colored pictures of the tomb. It was fun to have so much family together.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It was my dad's 64th birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

James, Grandma Felt, and I went to Provo to visit a bunch of people. We started at the temple, visiting some friends that I worked with. James has now been in the temple. It was the back door, next to the cafeteria, but we were inside the temple. It was good to see one of my bosses, and some others that I had worked with for so long. I wish Gloria (my main boss) had been able to be there, but I guess we will have to catch her next time.

Then we walked down the street to the MTC (Mission Training Center). That is right James was in the temple and the MTC all in the same day. Here we were able to visit Alison who works in the travel office. Here is a picture of her feeding James in the lobby at the MTC.

As we were walking back up the hill to the temple where our car was parked, Jon's mom and I wondered what we were thinking by not driving to the MTC. Oh well. It was a nice day in the 70s and James enjoyed the stroller.

Next, it was off to BYU campus to visit a few professors in the Religion Department whom Jon and I worked with. First, we decided to stop at the Cougar Eat for lunch and the bookstore for a hat and sun block. Here are pictures of James wanting my lunch. Grandma Felt bought James a BYU shirt and baseball hat. He looks really cute in them. Thanks Grandma!

We visited Brother Freeman first. Jon worked with him for the Saints At War Project. James had a little of a melt down, but once I changed his diaper and gave him a bottle, he was good as new. Sadly, Brother Brooks was not there. Jon and I both worked for him. Jon took over when I graduated. It was a great job!

We decided to start heading for Stansbury Park then. We stopped in South (or West not sure which) Jordan to see my sister, Amy. She had fun holding James for the first time. James had another melt down. I think it was a little too much for him in one day. We stayed at my sister's place until he was ready to get back in the car.

Then, we drove to the Draper Temple so I could see the finished building. It is in a beautiful location. You can see the Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain Temples really easily. You can also look over the Salt Lake Valley. It was a fun little detour.

For dinner, we picked up Jon's dad and went to Carl's Jr. When I was pregnant, the one thing I craved was a Jalapeno Burger from Carl's Jr., but there is nothing like it anywhere close to Toledo. It was just as good as I remember. Grandpa Felt enjoyed some quiet time with James.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It was a fairly uneventful day. Most of the adults went to the temple to do some of the work for Jon's Grandpa Hines. It is really exciting to be able to do temple work for family who have died.

For dinner, we did kind of an Easter dinner. Ham and stuff. James of course was in bed by this time. We had Strawberry shortcake for dessert and the grand kids actually cleaned up after dinner.

I am sad I never took my camera out during this time with Jon's family.

2 comments:

Kathlen said...

I LOVE THE INFANGERS!!!! How are they doing??

Anonymous said...

Hi there Keriann. Thanks for all the pictures. I really miss him!! I miss you and Jon too. Hope all is well. Love all of you. Mom F