Thursday, October 8, 2009

We LOVE our Zoo!

I know I say this tons, but I LOVE the Toledo Zoo! Having a membership has been wonderful. James and I went yesterday, and it was the perfect day to be at the zoo. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves. It was windy yesterday, but it really was not that cold.

When I entered Nature's Neighborhood, one of the workers came up to me and said that since we were the only ones there, if there was something that looked closed but we wanted to use/do it, just let them know and they will open it for us.

James actually saw some of the animals too. Here he is watching the seals. I could not get him to look at me long enough for a picture. We also saw a wolf actually moving. Normally they just lay there. We watched the ants and the birds in Nature's Neighborhood. James also saw a bird eating something off the walkway, and a squirrel that walk by us and came with in about 6 inches of my feet. We saw lots of workers put up Christmas lights to get ready for the Light Before Christmas (only 78 days to Christmas). We even saw lights lit up (the workers wanted to make sure they were working properly).

It was a really fun day at the zoo, and really nice for me to get away from a few stressful things for a little while.

3 comments:

Maria said...

It sounds like it was wonderful! Weston actually enjoyed going to the gym!! (It's the first time he's ever gone). I didn't think that would ever happen and he wants to go more often which is good news for me because then it will be ALOT easier for me to go!

So he finally saw the seals?! That's awesome!

Introspective Steph said...

I didn't know you had a blog!~ What a great way to keep in contact with you! I'll have to add your blog address to my blog favorites so i can continue to read your blog!

benandcorinne said...

You are a great blogger! Very detailed and passionate about what you love!