Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Growing

I love to use green onions in my cooking, but normally I do not need the amount that is in a bunch from the store.  There is always some that gets slimy and I end up throwing away.  Well, I saw this on Pinterest and had to give it a try (you can see Jacob in the background).
When you use the green onions, just cut down to the white part.  Then put them in some water.  I started out with just a little can from some green chillies, but they out grew that fairly quickly.  Hopefully, I will not have so many green onions go to waste, and I will not have to buy them as often.  It is fun to be growing something again!  I am really excited to have a garden again!  In the next few months I might start some garlic and beans inside for fun.  James would probably enjoy planting some things and watching them grow too.

2 comments:

Mom Brower said...

You have a green thumb!! Your planting season is fast approaching, and I hope you success in your gardening in Michigan!!!!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Cool! I'll try that.