Saturday, May 3, 2008

Boys Night Out and Girl Party

Last night, Jon and I went to a HALO party with other members of our ward. I was the only wife there since the host's wife was out of town. It was really fun! I have gone to two of these nights and I enjoyed myself. There is always lots of good food, and it is kind of funny to see doctors, residents, and med. students shooting each other up on a video game. One med. student said he thought of it as shooting robots and then it was okay. Jon and I left at 1:00 a.m. and there were still about 9 playing. I don't know how late they stayed. It is good that they have some kind of release from their work, and it is quite entertaining.

This afternoon, I went to a baby shower. It was quite different from the party last night, but still fun in its own way. I have attached a picture of the blanket I made for Kirsten's future bundle of joy.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

You are a brave or tolerant woman, Keriann. Wild horses couldn't drag me to a HALO night.

Lyndsay said...

You should have grabbed a controller and showed those boys how it's done.

Sarah said...

How fun! I have been thinking about getting one of those swiffer sweeper things, but didn't know whether it was worth it or not, but after reading your experience sounds like it is. I'll have to try it!