Tuesday, Jon studied most of the evening and I was gone so I think it was a little easier for him to get things done. I do try really hard to let him study, but sometime I just keep asking him questions and stuff. I visited some sisters in the ward and then I went down to Haskins, Ohio to scrapbook. I have made a new friend in the last few weeks. She is awesome! We had fun chatting and kind of scrap booking.
Wednesday while Jon was taking his first test this week, I tried to catch up on some cleaning around the house that has been neglected for a while.
I got the kitchen looking nice, but that was as far as the cleaning went. Today the kitchen looks like it did before, so today will be the same battle as Wednesday. The dishes were not as bad as this picture, but it felt that way.Thursday was another busy day. Jon again had a test the next day, so he studied all night. I went to walking group in the morning so I could get a little exercise, but had to leave right after the walking part was done, so I could shower and be ready to take someone to
the airport in Detroit. It was the first time I had driven to the airport. I think I have only been to the Detroit Airport once before and I was a passenger. It was not too bad. I made it without getting lost at all and made good time, too, since there was no traffic at all.I was home just in time to pick Jon up from school and get to a 2:30 appointment. We had wanted to go take advantage of the 23 cent pizza at
Papa John's earlier in the day, but we did not get there until after4:00. There was quite a line, but we thought we would wait for a little while. I mean you cannot beat Papa John's pizza for less than a quarter. Not long after we got there, an employee came out and stood behind us and started handing out rain checks. We were going to be the last ones to get the pizza deal for the day. We talked to the lady and she said we could wait and get pizza today or we could take the rain check and still get the $0.23 pizza between now and Sunday. The idea of getting our pizza when there would be less of a line for the same price really appealed to me since I was tired and hungry and did not want to wait. We both got a rain check and decided to go back on Saturday afternoon to get our pizza for less a quarter. I cannot wait for some pizza. This will probably end up being our anniversary celebration dinner on the weekend. Can we beat the price though?
After Jon and I can home and heated up some leftovers, I got a call from a sister in the ward to go to a Stake Relief Society Activity with her. I had been debating all day if I was going to go, so I decided to go. It was a breast cancer awareness night.
Chrys Peterson, a news anchor from Channel 11 news here in Toledo, was the main speaker. She is a member of the other ward that meets in the same building as our ward. She is also the Honorary Chairperson for the "Northwest Ohio/Komen 'Race for the Cure' for Breast Cancer." It was very interesting! She also had member of the stake who were survivors of breast cancer talk a little about their experiences. I was really glad I went and was made more aware of this horrible disease. There was also free stuff given out and lots of pink desserts.Today, Jon has another test. He is also doing a tour for an interviewee. I was thinking it was really late in the year for UTCOM to still be doing interviews, but I guess there is one next week too. Good luck to all those still waiting to get into a school this year!
Well, there are a few things that Jon and I have been doing the last few days. I hope next week will be a little less busy.
1 comment:
Good luck cleaning that kitchen, looks like a tough project. And enjoy that anniversary dinner, very jealous.
Post a Comment